Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mt Warning



This morning Chris did the Triathlon. I slept in and  opted to climb Mt Warning with Annie and Pete, who are training for Kokoda in April. Now I have done this walk quite a few times over the years, it is 4.4kms up, in the rainforest, easy path for a lot of the way, then rocks etc on the path nearer the top.This means your looking down most of the time. The  end is a steep climb with a chain to hang on to till you reach the top. My pack at the moment is about 7kgs i think.
It was ok going up, but have to say coming down was not quite as comfortable. I picked up a stick after a while so i could steady myself a bit!! I was stuffed by the time I finished, which i have to say surprised me!!! Just have to keep doing some more!! Maybe I should have done the Tri instead!!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos however we cannot see the socks or sandals. Is this deliberate ?

    The Bunter

    ReplyDelete